Mon, Jan 01|
New Year's Day Sweat Lodge in honor of Greywolf
Inipi, or Sweat Lodge is a purification ceremony where we enter the lodge, sit and sweat. We heat sacred stones in a fire to bring into the lodge. When we place the stones in the lodge we pour water over them, which creates a steam that helps to cleanse us physically, mentally and spiritually.
Time & Location
Jan 01, 2024, 1:00 PM – 4:30 PM
Tonganoxie, Tonganoxie, KS 66086, USA
About the event
This is a special lodge on New Year's Day to honor our teacher and dear friend, Joseph Greywolf. Cecil has been training with him for nine years to be able to bring this special sacred prayer to our land. 100% of donations this day will go to support his family in this time of need.
Inipi, or Sweat Lodge is a purification ceremony where we enter the lodge, sit and sweat. We heat up sacred stones in a fire to bring into the lodge. When we place the stones in the lodge we pour water over them, which creates a steam that helps to cleanse us physically, mentally and spiritually. The Inipi represents the womb of Mother Earth, and therefore, the purification ceremony is representative of being born again.
There will be a Drum Circle at 30 mins prior to lodge if you’d like to attend that. This helps get everyone familiar with the songs that will be sung in lodge and raises the vibration.
What to bring:
- Women must wear long skirts or dress and have shoulders covered up. (T shirt with long skirt works great) We have extra skirts on hand if you do not have one.
- Men can wear shorts and go shirtless into lodge.
- Bring a towel for after so you can dry off.
- Change of clothes
- Plenty of water
- Bring fresh fruit, or a side dish to share for after the lodge. Please keep it organic and plant based if possible. We will all enjoy a community feast after in the house.
- Sacred Instruments if you have them
- Anything you'd like to place on the altar to be blessed.
We run on a donation basis at the center. However, donations are not mandatory but are appreciated and welcome to help with the upkeep of the lodge, firewood, lava rocks, etc. A donation of pure tobacco is always welcomed to as we use this for prayers in the fire. We are also in need of sweat lodge blankets and are doing a blanket drive. If you have old blankets that you’d like to donate, we will gladly accept those!